Instacart Pickup lets you order online, set a pickup time, and collect your order at the store. Here’s how it works—
- When your order is ready for pickup, you’ll get a text or app push notification on your phone, along with pickup instructions.
- When you get to the store, follow the instructions to let us know you've arrived.
- Depending on the store, you'll either pick up your order inside or wait while we bring your order out to your car.
Retailers who offer pickup will have Pickup under their name on the homepage of your account. To find the nearest pickup location—
- Select the retailer from which you’d like to place your order
- If the retailer offers both delivery and pickup, select Pickup
- Choose your preferred pickup location on the map
Once you’ve selected your location, you can start shopping for your items!
Any items that are available for delivery are also available for pickup.
For orders with alcohol, you’ll need to bring a valid form of ID when you pick up your order.
Pickup order fees
Pick up orders may have a "pickup fee" (equivalent to a delivery fee for pickup orders).
When to pick up
Your order will be ready to pick up at the time you requested when you placed your order. Please follow the pickup instructions you received, and remember to bring your phone with you to get notifications about your order.
Sometimes your order might be ready to pick up early. If this happens, we’ll notify you, just in case you’d like to pick it up before your original order time. (Don't worry—we’ll keep all your items temperature-controlled until you arrive.)
No need to stress if you’re late! As long as you arrive before the end of the latest pickup window, we’ll have your order ready to go. (Heads up—the latest pickup window may end before the store’s closing time.)
Parking to pick up
For most stores, there’s no need to go into the store to pick up your order—just park in one of the dedicated Pickup parking spots and wait while we bring your order out to your car.
At some select locations, you may need to pick up your order inside. However, we’ll always provide store-specific instructions for your order before you arrive.